Wednesday, November 26, 2008

All Leeched Out ..

I thought it would turn out to be just another day. I could not have been more wrong ..

My alarm rang at 7 am as usual. I woke up groggily, put the alarm on snooze and slept back. 5 minutes later again I hear the familiar alarm tone of my phone. Again I put it on snooze. Rang again after 5 minutes. This time I actually mustered enough strength to squint my eyes open, pulled my quilt around me to stay warmer (it was raining outside) and decided to finally wake up and do my normal morning chores.

Nothing wrong so far .. I picked up my toothbrush and toothpaste in the most peaceful mood imaginable. I put on my slippers, stepped out of my door, and turned around to latch my door. That was when I saw it.

My first reaction: Ugh!!

It was a leech.

A big fat, shiny, slimy leech.

In the most repulsive purplish brownish color imaginable. Climbing its way slowly and steadily up my door, leaving a trail of sticky goo behind it. With small antennae moving every now and then. Sticking to the door on its slimy little underbelly the way a starfish would stick on a glass wall (only much more disgusting).

For a couple of minutes I just stared at it transfixed in horror. There was a leech on my door. It was nothing more and nothing less than a leech. And it was totally freaking me out.

I decided to give it a break. Maybe when I come back after lunch, it might have gone.

Obviously it didn't. On the contrary it seemed to be bigger and yuckier than ever. And it seemed to actually have climbed higher, the last thing I wanted it to do.

So, I thought it might go away on its own, but since when does luck ever favor anyone in things like these? I waited 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours; it just seemed to be doing its own icky little ballet with my door as the dance floor.

I thought I might try removing it with a piece of paper (I have zero knowledge on what to do when a leech is on my door, by the way). So I tried scraping it off .. But Lady Luck still wasn't on my side.

Not only did I fail at what I was trying to do, because the thing was totally glued to my door .. I somehow actually sliced the leech's skin thingy or whatever-its-called a bit, and it started oozing some transparent stuff.

Ew.

That was when it developed this tiny tentacle-like thing, and it seemed to extend and stick to the door denoting its path as it moved down.

I gave up. I decided that I would just see what it does overnight, and if it doesn't go by then, I'll get someone to remove it off.

Came back from dinner. I had more surprises waiting for me.

The tentacle had detached itself from the door and was now hanging from what seemed like the head of the leech. And it appeared to be smaller in size. However, as I altered the direction of my gaze ..

Another leech.

TWO leeches. As if one wasn't enough.

Double Ew.

And the second one was bigger than the first one ever was, and slimier and grosser.

That was it. I gave in for the night. Thought I'll see to it the next day. Thankfully, when I got up in the middle of the night, the first one had made its way off my door to the wall. The other one was still stuck there.

In the morning, the other one was off my door as well, but then it was sticking onto the door frame. Lifting up its head with its tiny antennae wiggling about in a very mocking manner. And I have absolutely no idea how this happened, but somehow it just unstuck itself and fell down.

I couldn't help but say to myself: Hehehe.

So, my lesson from this experience:
Never use paper to scrape off a leech. It definitely doesn't work, and you wouldn't want to see what might just happen otherwise ..

And what to actually do when you come across an unfortunate situation when you find a leech on your door?

Fundaes anyone? :P

8 comments:

Blank Space said...

Hehehe looks like the leech surely pissed u off (unlike the saand if u remb)

but really a nice post......a hilarious one.

yea akshari....nxt time u get a leech on yer door try to tug it out with a stick not a News paper!

Rohit Kumar Chemudupati said...

You could try calling the Engineering Unit and getting them to replace your door. But, that would be too extreme, nay?

Never thought someone could be so psyched out by a leech that is not even stuck to their body, sucking out their blood!

Akshari said...

Hey .. they were gross and icky and disgusting!! :P

MaxP said...

ok .. one thing .. be happy that thing did not find its way to your bed.
And if the one on the wall ever does find his way to your bed .. then you might want to sprinkle some salt over it before it starts sucking your blood out. :)

Sumedh V. Vidwans said...

Whats this fixation with insects? First that lizard on orkut; now this leech. Wonder whats more in the pipeline

Vaibhav said...

gr8 going...
lizard and leaches ,eh..
hope my b'day present finds a mention in the Lemonade Stand ;)

Anuj Choudhary said...

Just one word....
Yuk

Sneharaj Ramdaspalli said...

If im not wrong they must be Slugs that you ve mistaken for LEECHES :D
funny, but u ve gotta get accustomed to them :)